Re: (erielack) Re: Merry Christmas

Ed-

I'm sure your right.  It was the Hoboken Terminal.  Maybe somebody on the
list knows what happened to the model structures of Hoboken???  Any member
of the NYSME on the list who can remember???

- -Joe Jordan

At 01:07 PM 12/22/99 EST, you wrote:
>I was on a cub-scout trip in the mid-1950's to visit Lackawanna
>terminal.  This was in the spring, and they had a train set out by
>track 17 at Hoboken for us to tour.  A trainmaster with all its doors
>open so we could see the engine followed by a coach, diner and
>sleeper.  After that we went upstairs in the ferry building where the
>New York Society of Model Engineers had their exhibit.  This is what
>you probably saw.  They had a miniature Hoboken terminal complete
>with the ferries.  I have often wondered what happened to those
>models.  They are not at their present location.  After viewing this
>layout we were given a trip to Barclay Street on the ferry.  I
>remember we had to bring our lunches and we ate them on the boat.
>Lackawanna was running a special second boat that day just for the
>scouts.  The Erie ferry was running just ahead of us crossing the
>river.  We returned to Hoboken to take the mid-day train back home

Joe Jordan
mailto: "pamela_@_blast.net"
http://www.blast.net/pamela for the Jordan Comedy Network &
http://TrainNut.Railfan.net/ for the Train Nut Central page