(erielack) Art Erdman story, Cascade derailment

I always look forward to reading one of Art Erdman's stories. They are
excellent and I hope they keep coming.
I thought I might fire up the ol' database to see what notes I had about
Conrail symbols on the Southern Tier. Most of these symbols were written down
as a result of listening to radio chatter.
Before May 1978, the symbols refer to pre-4 letter designations such as FM-4,
IHB7, NY74, BH-4, HB-3, TV-98 and TV-77. The last entry I have for FM-4 was
4/8/78. After that, the entries reference the new 4 letter codes, except PO87
and PO98, which ran as late as 11/79 (the last time I saw them).
My first entry for a CRBI was 5/20/78. There were IHCR, CRBI, BICR and TV-98.
The last entry in my notes for a CRBI was in the summer of 1980. OIBU/BUOI
began to appear in the summer 1982. OIEL and ELOI also appear that year.

Mike Galesi