(erielack) Re: (LVRR) LVRR Divisions

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, James E.Mack wrote:

> >From 4/1/1919 Locomotive Assignment list for LVRR:
> New York Division- 90 locomotives
> NJ & Lehigh Division- 251 locomotives
> M&H Division- 122 locomotives
> Wyoming Division- 150 locomotives
> Auburn Division- 72 locomotives
> Seneca Division- 157 locomotives
> S&NY- 9 locomotive
> Buffalo Division- 150 locomotives
> Buffalo Creek- 21 locomotives

That's really interesting.

I wonder about the Buffalo Creek assignments, I would think that number would
refelect LV's share of the BCK roster and not both LV and Erie combined BCK
roster, but with LV listing 21 engines there that would make the BCK complete
roster about 40 locos at the time. While that is certainly possible it seems a
lot of power for a quite small jointly owned terminal road.

Anyone have more information or details about this arrangement as available BCK
history is pretty scarce.

I talked with Ron Dukarm about two years ago and he said he was working on a
BCK project which hoped would turn into a book. has anyone heard any more
rumblings about that? It would fill a void nicely.

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
"root_@_bluemoon.net"         net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
V.90, X2 & K56flex        www.railfan.net  - The Railfan Network
http://www.bluemoon.net   mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMUD
bbs.bluemoon.net          irc.bluemoon.net - ZUHnet Buffalo, NY IRC Server