(erielack) Also: Erie remnant in Jersey City

Riding my bike around Saturday in JC, went down Mercer St. This is a N/S street
that goes under the Holland Tunnel entrance ramps and the old overhead ROW with
the remaining signal bridge right there! No camera with me... next time. It'll
be easy to get a detailed shot of the signal bridge. Kinda scary to think about
climbing up there for a better one though...

Here's the kicker: The bridge over the street (that the signal bridge is just
west of...) is still in place. (Kind of odd, since they've removed most of the
others on the old PRR lines south of here...) The paint on the south side of
this bridge is largely faded away, including most of the white checkerboard
warning marks, but the NORTH side still has what looks like a last bit of "ERIE"
visible right in the middle: just the "RI", but you can still see it... One last
photo necessary I think. Incidentally, the concrete piers on each end have 1926
cast into them... Does that make sense?

Dave Goessling