Re: [(erielack) F40s on lease?]

"Donald E. Kern jr" <"doubletrack_@_home.com"> wrote:
> Where are the 2 Amtrak f40s being used on NJT? I havnt seen them in
> action are they used on Main/Bergen county line trains? (EL content)
> =

They will be assigned road numbers 4191 and 4192, in the MTA block, and a=
re
supposed to be assigned to Port Jervis trains since MTA is paying for the=
m.  I
don't think they have been placed in service, and may not have arrived ye=
t.

4191 and 4192 will probably wander to the Pascack Valley and Boonton Line=
occasionally.  There are some train sets which usually run between Port M=
orris
yard and Port Jervis, including that for train # 51.  I have seen sets of=

solid MTA equipment at Dover a number of times...

NJT's own F40's are usually kept on the Raritan Valley line because of th=
eir
small fuel tanks (1500 gallons, vs 2500 on the GP40-derivatives.  The RVL=
 has
a fuelling pad at Raritan, so they can easily get a drink when needed. =

Diesels on other lines need to go to the MMC for fuel, I believe.  Atlant=
ic
City line engines get fuelled in Philadelphia, of course.

Gary Kazin
Rockaway, New Jersey

New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

(I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.