Re: (erielack) Dining Car experiences

- --WebTV-Mail-4218-3605

Railroads, including te DL&W, employed what they called Dining Car
Stewards. These were the hosts of the dining car. They seated you, added
up your check, took payment, answered questions, etc.

You never spoke to the waiter. You wrote down yor order. The steward was
your point of contact.

The only railroad that I didn't see stewards on was the Erie. Although
you still wrote down your order, the waiters answered your questions,
added up your check, etc.

I am not sying that this was always the case on the Erie. I just can
speak for the trips that I took in the mid 50's.

Jack Grasso

- --WebTV-Mail-4218-3605