Re: (erielack) Color of Erie Boxcar Red

James,
When you say "O" do you mean two rail "O". I model the DL&W, Erie, EL in
two rail scale "O" and have done so for about 15 years. I was curious as to
what time period in the Erie's history that you are painting the cars for?
Pre WWII cars are more of a rusty brown with black ends, where as the post
WWII cars are more of a typical box car red like the standard Scalecoat
color. The Erie box cars that we have on the Binghamton RR Club's "O" pike
are the rusty brown and the color was mixed accordingly. The cars are very
similar to that of the Nickel Plate as both were Van Sweringen roads. I did
not paint the cars, but If you would like the mix, I will get the recipe
for you.
Matt Forsyth

P.S. Do you belong to the Otrains list @ Onelist.com? You might consider
joining. The conversations that we have are very beneficial to the "O"
community.