(erielack) Pfaudler numbers

In a message dated 5/30/99 9:47:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"donsf1_@_sparta.csnet.net" writes:

> However, you never see a broadside of the car so does anyone know who the
>  lessee was of these cars, Borden's?

According to the photos I've seen, a few cars had Borden's lettering, but
must were just blank, letter simply General American Pfaudler Corp.  Let me
know which era you're modeling, and I'll give you some numbers.

At least a few cars assigned to the Branch had black reporting marks on a
green car.  It doesn't make sense, and it is hard to read, but more than a
few photos show this.

I saw Bill Greenberg's slides a few months ago, and he had a 1961 shot of
GPEX 1006 on a train, which I found interesting as it would have been a
50-foot Pfuadler, which I thought never ran out here.  Turns out that the
1006 was the very last of the 40-footers, the 50-footers began 1007.

				All the best,                      ....Mike