Re: (erielack) "Tower Desig."

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Harry Scholz wrote:

> After the Erie relocated it's main from downtown Corning, NY they built
> Gang Mills yard to replace te old Corning yard. While there were no
> towers at the following locations the east end Xovers were known as RG
> and thewest end Xovers were known as GN. RG is now CP Gang Mills and GN
> is CP Erwins, at least for a coupe more days!    In the rumor mill the
> stories going around here have NS double-tracking the old Erie mainfrom
> Corning to Hornell and maybe as far eastas Waverly. Stay tuned.    Harry

I've heard the same thing for down this way, that NS wants to double
track through Meadville going westbound and if they can get the 42 mile
stretch from Corry to Meadville that they want to double track that
as well. If we are all lucky the old ERIE double track main will be reborn
once again. Thanks to you NS, if you do this, more power to you.

Larry