Re: (erielack) Smithsonian museum slightly OT

In a message dated 99-05-27 22:46:24 EDT, "doubletrack_@_home.com" writes:

<< I thought UHRS was keeping 4876 to repaint in Tuscan Red 5 Stripe
 and repaint 4877 into Brunswick Green (this motor(4877) was never red in
 PRR Days!) >>

Doubletrack,

The Smithsonian has #4876, the most historic of the former NJDOT fleet. URHS
has #4877 and #4879. Their plans are to repaint 4877 into the tuscan red
paint scheme and 4879 back into a "Brunswick Green" scheme.

Don't ask me why. #4877 was never red on the Pennsy. Since we are using tax
dollars for the museum, it would be nice to see her restored in one of the
schemes she actually wore on the PRR.

Then again, I am a radical. ;-)

Rob Davis