Re: (erielack) Tower Telegraph Designations

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Jim G wrote:
> Buffalo Area, interlocking points still manned by Erie in late 50s:
> IQ  Buffalo Tower
> FW Tower, PRR Crossing
> GB  Tower, Blasdell

Also at Depew Jct. was WK Interlocking where the Erie and DL&W connected. This
was just east of the NYC Gardenville overpoass and west of the LV overpass. I
also see UR (Union Road) and WM Jct. I don't know what WM Jct. was as it was
0.2 miles east of Halstead Ave. where the Black Rock Branch and City Branch wye
was. Essentially WM was in the middle of Bison Yard according to Employee TT
#3 from 3-21-71 :)

At FW the Erie crossed both the PRR and Buffalo Creek and I remember
interchange with the N&W (ex-NKP) there in the 70's.

Just a hop. skip and jump down the PRR line was DM tower where the PRR crossed
the DL&W "City Branch."

GB in Blasdell crossed the N&W ex-NKP line and still does athough the players
are now the Buffalo Southern and NS and there is a connection there so that NS
can use the BS when traffic is heavy..

J. Henry Priebe Jr.       Blue Moon President & Network Administrator
"root_@_bluemoon.net"         net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
X2 & K56flex Access       www.railfan.net  - The Railfan Network
http://www.bluemoon.net   mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMUD
bbs.bluemoon.net          irc.bluemoon.net - ZUHnet Buffalo, NY IRC Server