FW: (erielack) Modeling preference, line, era, location,operations......

Don't think this ever made it to the list...
REply to Mike, not me!  -- Rob

- -----Original Message-----
From: "McMike5400_@_cs.com" [mailto:McMike5400@cs.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 1999 9:26 PM
To: "paultup_@_lucent.com"
Cc: "erielack-owner_@_internexus.net"
Subject: Re: (erielack) Modeling preference, line, era,
location,operations......

In a message dated 5/11/99 2:20:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
"paultup_@_lucent.com" writes:

<< "erielack-owner_@_internexus.net" >>
My model railroad is in the early stages of track laying.  Its a round the
room shelf in room only 8' by 14'.  Its EL and will span the 1960's on the
Erie line between Port Jervis and Susquehana. I want to run SD-45's as well
as U-25B's (if I can find some), E-7's E-8s (with some last gasp passenger
service), RS-3's etc.  It will have a bit of the Starucca viaduct showing
but
it mostly will disapeer behind some trees as viewed from the East, and have
pusher service between Susquehanna and Deposit (my home town).  Bits of the
Delaware River will be modeled as room allows.  I briefly considered modern
day Conrail but had to go back to the EL as I knew it growing up.  It will
be
half rural with glimpses of towns with some local mills and businesses,and
will include one yard area and one village yet to be determined.  Should be
fairly protypical if I do enough research.  The layout will be smallish but
at the rate I'm building, big enough at least for a few years.  It will be
MRC 2000 DCC operated.

I'm new to the list.  I find it interesting and informative when I have at
least some idea what your topic is.  Thanks for asking.

Mike McMurray, Hamburg, NY