(erielack) Erie Dayton Line

I see that Conrail removed the most of what was left of the Erie line to
Dayton.  There was a section of the Erie line in Fairborn OH which
served as a passing siding.  Most of the westbound line was removed
several years ago.

The only part of the Dayton line still in is a section owned by I&O from
the ex-DT&I crossing in Springfield to I-70.  The section from Cold
Springs to I-70 is a passing siding and holding track.  The I&O uses it
when the train coming south from Detroit has not arrived.

              George Elwood
             Erie Lackawanna
         and Other Fallen Flags

           "gelwood_@_dnaco.net"