(erielack) MNJ-VRR-equip

In a message dated 5/23/99 12:10:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "DLW1155_@_aol.com"
writes:

> The coaches were, indeed, DL&W Boonton cars
>  but the combine was an ex-C&NW car that very closely resembles the DL&W
cars. If I remember correctly the baggage section is shorter and the side
door is
>  narrower than the ones built for the Lackawanna. As far as I know all are
>  still in service on the Valley R.R. in Essex, Connecticut.

Good call, Al.  You're right, in that was a C&NW car, that and the Boonton
cars went to the Valley Railroad in Essex, Ct.  Even the 2-6-2 went there,
now part of the Railraod Museum of New England collection.  That CNW combine
was repatriated by the Mid-Continent museum which did a wonderful restoration
that even the C&NW historical society loved enough to feature in its world
class magazine.

                   ....Mike