Re: (erielack) Hoboken Terminal / New Jersey Devils continued...

In a message dated 5/21/99 8:19:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
"mjs6_@_cec.wustl.edu" writes:

<< Personally, I don't see how the State of New Jersey and NJ Transit could
 allow this to happen. So while I am worried about the New York Penn
 Station-like sound of this story (Madison Square Garden), I still am not
 convinced that this will happen. Hopefully not.

The Station along with the Busch trainshed are historic landmarks.  On top of
this Mc Mullen's plan is flawed because they are either to short sighted or
just plain STUPID when it comes to the parking situation.  They are only
planning parking for 5000 cars in a parking garage.  Obviously this will be a
pay garage ($10-$15 a pop is a sure bet) and I'll bet you dollars to donuts
that everyone who drives in will try their damnedest to find free spots on
the street.  Mind you that this arena holds 18,500 people.  This guy is
smoking some wacky weed if he thinks that mass transit will carry most of the
patrons to the game.  I know I cannot get there by train because the Booton
line runs one-way during rush hour with the exception of two trains.  And if
I want to go to a weekend game I'm out of luck.

I don't see this happening and I'll tell you right now that I for one will be
out fighting this idiot, and I'll vote against any politician who gives into
him!  I'm a Devils fan and I'd rather see them stay where they are.  Rest
assured that if Mc Mullen doesn't get his way he'll start crying and threaten
to move the Devils again.  Good riddance to him and his team then if that's
the case.

Regards,
Ted DiIorio