(erielack) Mt Arlington, and Drakesvilles locations.

In a message dated 5/21/99 10:06:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"MDelvec952_@_aol.com" writes:

<< Lackawanna's Mt. Arlington station was located about half-mile east of the
 bridges at Shippenport, which are a mile or so east of Lake Hopatcong
 station.  The station was closed and torn down around 1942.

The Mt Arlington Sta stood just east of the underpass at the Mt Arlington, Rt
80 exit. Howard Boulevard I think. It was on the west bound side, right
across from where Hercules offices were ( are )  located. There is a large
vacant area there today.  Often the Roxbury police converge there, for what
ever police man talk about among them selves. RRB

 If anyone knows of or sees a picture of this station, would you mind sharing
 it, or its whereabouts?

 Shippenport was also a Lackawanna station called Drakesville, for the town
 that was renamed Ledgewood.  This station was moved off the railroad in 1901
 -- anyone have any idea where this station went to, or whether or not it
 exists?  >>

Drakesville was on the big curve just east of where Rt 80 goes over head.  My
maps show it moved from the south side of the tracks, where it stood, to back
down in the hollow which is now all woods, and abutted by that huge stump
grinding complex. Mt Arlington did replace Drakesville. RRB

Bob