(erielack) Erie Wyoming Division Operations

I've been doing some research on the Erie Wyoming Div. operations in the
Scranton/Wilkes Barre Area.  Glad to hear that I might be able to take a
train out there some day for on-site research.  Until then, I wonder if
anyone could help with a few specific questions:

1.) What was Plains Jct.?  I see references to it as an interchange
point with the CNJ, but on the Geo Survey maps it looks like a coalfield
along the Susquehanna River where the LV passenger line ran.  I didn't
see any evidence of a seperate CNJ line at that point (CNJ used the D&H
main to the east at Yatesville and Dupont, I believe, to get to Minooka
Jct., Taylor, and their own track to Scranton Freight House).  Did the
CNJ have trackage rights on the LV from Wilkes Barre to Plains Jct.?
Why do some references say that the Wyoming line ended at No. 14
breaker, not Plains Jct.?  2.)  Assuming that the Erie did somehow
interchange with the CNJ at Plains Jct., did the Erie through freights
from the Jefferson Division to Ashley Yard (AY 90 & 91, I believe) go
that way, or did they stay on the D&H line south of Avoca and get to
Ashley on the CNJ via the CNJ-D&H connection in Wilkes Barre? 3.) How
close did the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley get to Plains Jct.?  Did the
L&WV serve any of the breakers and collieries down there?  Did it
interchange with the Erie there, versus the Little Virginia connection
closer to Scranton?  4.)  How far did the Jessup Branch run?  Some maps
indicate that it ended at the O&W in Jessup, while employee timetables
indicate that it ran a bit further, with one fork continuing north to
Jermyn, the other following the O&W and D&H south into Dickson City (to
serve more breakers on the hillside?)  5.) How did operations on that
branch north of Rock Jct. work?  I saw a map indicating a stub-end track
and 180 degree loop just north of that point  and 6.) Am I right in
assuming that the DL&W Winton mine spur ran closely parallel to the
Jessup Branch?

This is one area of the old Erie that isn't been all that well
documented, probably due to the drop-off of coal traffic during and
after the 1930s and the lack of inspiring scenery around the mines.
(I.e., you see plenty of pictures of operations on the Jefferson Div.
north of Carbondale, but very few pix of 2-8-0s or GP7s working around
Avoca, Pittston, Jessup or Dunmore).  Thanks for any clues.

               Jim Gerofsky