Re: (erielack) "PJ" Tower

Fred,

Yes I remember the Pequannock station.  I think it was knocked in the early
sixties, prior to the cessation of passenger service.  It was located at the
Newark Pompton Turnpike grade crossing and there was a team track on the
other side of the road.  I commuted from Pompton Plains the summer of 1966,
and I remember the Pequannock stop was just a parking lot where the station
stood.

Across from the barber shop was a deli where I got lunch when I worked
summers at a small plastics company on Industrial Road behind the old Van
Ness Lumber yard; which received regular rail service.  I believe Van Ness is
long gone, but the plastics outfit, Bel-Art Products may still be there.

     Pete S