Re: (erielack) Erie towers

Well there are 2 Erie towers standing in the Buffalo area.  One is located
in North Buffalo near where the NYC (Conrail) Beltline joins the Niagara
branch.  The building is now either a home or office and is covered in
siding but can be made out to be a classic tower type building.  The other
is brick and stands in North Tonawanda NY on Oliver Street.  It was last
designated as EL2, which I dont honestly know if it was always it's
designation.  It stands geographically North of the North Tonawanda Erie
Freight House and both structures are owned by the Niagara Frontier
Chapter of the NRHS.

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Timothy Phalon wrote:

>All this talk of towers has me wondering if any Erie wooden towers are
>still standing besides Waldwick, NJ?  If so please let me know.
>
>Tim Phalon

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

William J. Enser         Co-Network Admin - Technical Support
"alcoman_@_bluemoon.net"     net.bluemoon.net - Blue Moon Online System
x2 & K56flex/V.90 Access www.railfan.net - The Railfan Network
http://www.bluemoon.net  mud.bluemoon.net 4000 - MoonMud
bbs.bluemoon.net         irc.bluemoon.net-ZUHnet Buffalo,NY IRC Server

Home Page:http://alcoman.railfan.net