Re: (erielack) NJT to start Mt. Arlington Station "soon"

I have the DLW Dec 13 1942 timetable here at my desk (convenient).
This is the Suburban Timetable, covering all NJ service EXCEPT the
Cutoff, which was shown on the intercity schedule.  Some eastbounds
made limited service between Dover and Hoboken and are shown also,
but no westbounds which only stopped to pick up passengers if at all.

Yes, there is a listing for Mt Arlington...

BUT...

It's the same as Lake Hopatcong - one station with two names, bracketed.
Going west from Dover, the stations were:

MP39.1   Dover
41.1     Wharton
46.4     Lake Hopatcong - Mt Arlington
47.5     Port Morris
49.0     Netcong
52.2     Waterloo
57.8     Hackettstown
64.1     Port Murray
67.6     Washington

Port Morris must have been tough to commute from - one train a day stopped
eastbound ONLY (7:05am except Sundays, 8:20 Sundays.  First train from
Washington.  I guess you had to walk back from Netcong to get home?

DLW passenger trains once served Phillipsburg and Easton, but those ended
in the early 1930's IIRC from Taber.

- --
cleveland.Freenet is a mail-drop.
Gary Kazin, Rockaway, NJ