(erielack) Stillwell in Binghamton

The Stillwell in Binghamton has been acquired by the Elmira RHS and will
be moved to Horseheads over the Summer. If it does officially go by
truck, the trucking company has indicated that their schedule will be
more open to move the car (a lower priority for them) in June.

The pile of ties have been there quite awhile. Wasn't aware of any
clearing work being done. The Leatherstocking NRHS chapter is planning
to move the caboose first, so perhaps this is someone commissioned by
them to get the site ready for the C316 to be removed. I'll have to
check with Bruce Hodges about this....

Anyone in the Elmira/Horseheads area this Sunday May 23, can attend the
Spring 1999 Horseheads Railfest. 12-4pm on Sunday. EL baggage #207 and
DL&W caboose #738 (both under restoration) will be open to the public
and feature displays. The Stillwell won't be here, but you can get free
miniature train rides behind an EL diesel switcher.

E-mail me for more info. Admission is free.

Rob Piecuch
Elmira RHS