(erielack) re:Tower Designations

For those of you with Bill Sheppard's 1974 EL track diagram book, most of the
EL locations on the NY and Scranton divisions are shown with their telegraph
designations.  My hometown of Tuxedo was designated "TC", which makes some
sense ("TX" was the Tuxedo crossover east of town) ; but Sloatsburg -3 1/2
miles to the east was "XG". I imagine that when the call signs were produced,
there was an effort made to make them relate to the location if possible
(maybe not the town name, but perhaps a geographical landmark or something),
but if it wasn't possible to do that, then any random grouping of 2 letters
was o.k.. There are examples of the same call signs on different divisions of
a single railroad (there were 2 "Q" towers on the B&O - one at Hyndman PA at
the foot of Sand Patch Grade, and the other at Hardman WV near Grafton - same
railroad, but different divisions.)
	There's lots of info in the Sheppard book if you don't go blind
looking for it - did you know that the