(erielack) Tower Designations

   While searching through a 1955 RDG ETT this morning, a telegraph call
signal caught my attention: BO. The reason it caught my attention was that I
was looking at the Philadelphia, Harrisburg & Pittsburgh branch. BO was
located at Bowmansdale on the PH&P and also at Birdsboro on the Main Line.
This contradicts the theory of no duplication of telegraph call signals, at
least for the RDG. It may be possible that the Erie and/or Lackawanna
duplicated call letters when they would not be on the same dispatcher's
line. Also, the RDG used some single letter designations, such as "U" for U
Tower in Phoenixville.

Drew