RE: (erielack) Re: Pocono service

> Why don't they take the High Bridge train? Too long. Or
> Hacketstown. Too far
> east to drive. Go figure.
>
> Still, they are itching for train service to be returned, not just for
> convenience, but because they beleive that it's gonna make
> their houses worth
> more. One bought a house out near Glen Gardner in the belief
> that the service
> would return (now that's faith!) and thus eventually she'd
> make a killing when
> she sold to Wall Streeter seeking a weekend getaway...
>
> I bet there are many more like this...

This really irks me! All these people, clamoring for train service, but no
one will use it! Look at the "newly restored" Hackettstown service - only a
handful of riders daily. And they're talking about extending service to
Washington, NJ! What, for another 10 people a day?

*UGH*  -- This is why I fear some of these line restorations - will the
"predicted" ridership really pan out? I'd certainly like it to, but that
hasn't proven to be the case in many circumstances recently...