(erielack) The real deal on Intermountain's F's

The following is from a friend who is one of Intermountain's consultants on
the F-units.  It seems Paul and I were both correct -- he saying the Phase I
is out first, and me saying that the options on the first release are late
production.

I maintain that this phase nonsense should be dropped from modeling, since it
never existed in real life and since different folks have different opinions
on what consistutes a phase.  Classify variations by production dates --
that's usuable and obvious information that any modeler can interpret and
understand at a glance.   Saying the units produced cover those built 3/50 to
5/51 is easy to understand and contextual.  Put that on the box in 50-point
type instead of a roman numeral phase number, which is nothing but ambiguous
to anybody who didn't make the decision on what's a faze.  Would anybody buy
a phase IV Cadillac or Camry, Honda or Hummer?  No -- ya wanna know when it
was built.

Anyway, read on: