No Subject

Remember, the trip is uphill only to Lehigh Summit, so the steam engine will
be best experienced during the first 5 miles or so in the city. One of my fav
spots to see it out in the mountains is the lake area around Gouldsboro.
track speed allows for a good show.

The trip goes to where Conrail owns the tracks at Analomink. This is halfway
between Henryville and East Storudsburg.

Unfortunately, if my info is right, the steam engine will operate on the
eastbound leg, which means it will coast down Devils Hole rather than put on
a westbound show up the hill. Still neat, but not the coolest.

Just seeing PV's and Amtrak power will be cool, but honestly it is less cool
to me to see them on the DL&W than it would be to be out today along the
Reading and the Lehigh Valley routes. Passeneger trains (luckily) ain't news
in the Poconos, but they are in White Haven.

If you want the coolest (to me) DL&W shot you'd get over to Old Forge this
evening and shoot it on the Bloom.

Easy for me to say, stuck here at work!

Cool stuff!

Rob Davis

PS: Any grain train info for the next two weeks?