Re: (erielack) Erie RR in Jersey City

In a message dated 5/7/99 7:12:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "scottnyr_@_nac.net"
writes:

<<     I was flipping through the Erie Trackside book yesterday and was
 interested by what I saw of the Erie's approach to the Bergen
 Archway's.  Is that area completely developed beyond recognition today
 or are there still a few pieces of that trestle and other things left?
 Thanks in advance. >>

	I haven't been there recently, but my recollection is that the site
of the Jersey City Erie Terminal has been redeveloped into the Newport
complex.  The right of way leading from the tunnels to the terminal is still
there, but most of it has, I think, been converted to a highway leading to
Newport.  I think that the western part, leading west to the tunnels, may
still be intact.  In fact, as I recall, some signal bridges may still be
there.

		Daniel Chazin
		Teaneck, NJ