(erielack) A bit of an apology Re: Railfan tours, and Inlinebob's opinion

S-

After firing off my private response to you today I felt the need for an
apology of sorts. I really don't want a flame war. So, I'm sorry for jumping
on your case and dragging the rest of group into it.

As much as I would love the world to railfan in a manner that the railroad
industry finds acceptable, I cannot force anyone it do so. You make your own
choices, right or wrong, and I make mine.

I rarely participate in any railfan events anymore because I don't want to be
associated with what has become such a negative stereotype within the rail
industry. It takes a very creative approach these days to get around the
indifference from railroads that you site, and it also takes a lot of care
and massaging to get around the ngeative impact some railfans have inflicted
on all train ethusiasts. For me, the quest is part of the fun. It also why I
have been inside some pretty hallowed railroad and industrial ground.
Official visits are my thing. I like knowing I am welcome. I find the
benefits outwieght the effort. I shouldn't expect everyone else to.

Sorry for losing it.

Rob