Re: (erielack) Harriman, NY "Charles Minot" plaque

"Blake D. Tatar" wrote:

> About 100 yards to the west of the old Harriman station stood a monument to
> Charles Minot. Mr. Minot was the superintendent of operations who first used
> the telegraph to issue train orders. Several years ago the bronze plaque was
> stolen off of the monument. The town of Harriman is still offering a reward
> for it's return. The fear that it was stolen for the bronze in which case it
> would be melted down. If you know of it's where abouts, contact the
> Harriman, NY police dept.
>
> Blake D. Tatar
> "BDTatar_@_worldnet.att.net"
>
> http://home.att.net/~BDTatar/index.htm

> Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

Hi Blake:

	Some time in the late 70s or early 80s, the
plaque was in Hoboken Terminal, placed on the wall
on the main concourse between the old florist shop
and the coffee stand under the old control center.
Some time in the mid 80s, it disappeared as
mysteriously as it appeared. The control center
and the other structures on the concourse are now
demolished for the terminal restoration. Given the
size and conspicuous location, I don't think it
was stolen, rather in someone's basement.

	Bill
- --
Be a Locomotive Engineer...		Proud individual
sponsor:
Its the most fun you can 		Broadfoot Racing
have with 3000 HP