Re: (erielack) Re: Stewart Erie FT

> > The use of this yellow lasted until at least 1949 with some evidence
>that it
> > was still used in 1951. Most Erie Modellers remember the third scheme
>which
> > used a brighter yellow. This is not the scheme that Stewart Hobbies did.
>This
> > e-mail originated as a result of a phone conversation with Mr. Stewart.
>Steve
> > does not have e-mail access.
> >
> > Respectfully
> > C.B. Fiorino for Mr. Stewart

I don't buy it. It still doesn't explain the green shifted yellow that the
Stewart Erie/EL models are painted in. Never seen that color in any of the
photos/slides that Grandpa (Erie signals) took while working the Erie. None
of the 'west end' Erie people that I've spoken with and shown the model to,
recall EVER having seen a color like that. My Father (Erie brakeman) had an
opinion of the color...but I don't believe that I can use that language in
this format.

Sorry Mr. Stewart, it doesn't wash any more than if you had done the ATSF
warbonnet in pink and gray.

Michael Dye ELHS #1516