Re: (erielack) New member.

To our latest new member, welcome Tim!

Recently (about two months ago) it was my pleasure to join members of the
Lackawanna Terminal Railway Executive Committee on an "inspriation tour" of
Tim's three favorite model railroads.

Tim is extremely modest of his description of his layouts, so I'll embarass
him by putting pictures of Tim's two layouts up on my web site for those of
you interested, as well as pictures of the club he belongs to, now located
in Ho-Ho-Kus.  I'll let the list know when they're up and ready for
viewing.  Again, welcome Tim to THE list.

- -Jay Jordan

, At 10:37 PM 5/1/99 -0400, Timothy Phalon wrote:
>Hello fellow rail fans,  My name is Tim Phalon and I reside in Waldwick,
>NJ.  Some of you already know me and for those who don't, here is my
>(short) story.  My dad got a job with the Erie in 1956.  Know you know
>how I became interested in the hobby and why i'm on the list.  I enjoy
>railfaning and I am currently building two model railroads which I will
>describe in the following paragraphs,
>
>    In my back yard exists the Erie Allageny Division in G scale and in
>my basement exists the Erie NY Division in HO scale.  These two
>railroads are the culmination of three years of effort put forth by
>myself, Mat Klemchack, Dick Boyd, J.P. Mikesh, Paul T  and Rob S with
>help from some other folks who are not on the list.  I am using
>primarily Aristo equipment and track.  Most of the switches are hand
>laid #8s.  We use Aristo x-wide radius turnouts on industrial  sidings.
>The mainline is about 850 feet long from Hornell to Salamanca (double
>track Olean to Salamanca).  Locomotives are battery powered and I use
>Locolinc for train control.  Turnouts are air powered and are controlled
>locally or from the dispatchers office (former bedroom) located inside
>the house.  Track work is 75% compete and scenery 50% complete (mostly
>by mother nature),  During the spring, summer and fall we operate once a
>month.
>
>    As mentioned earlier,  In my basement exist the Erie NY Division in
>HO scale.  JC to PJ.  8 track JC term and yard, 4 track main JC to
>Waldwick, Helix, two track main Harriman to PJ, PJ yard.  Norhtcoast
>DCC.  150 turnouts 25%  air controled.  Track work 90% complete, scenery
>1% complete.
>
>    I would like to extend an invitaion to  all members of the EL list
>to send me an email if you have any questions about these two model
>raolroads or would like to come visit.

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

Jay (Joe) Jordan
mailto: "pamela_@_blast.net"