(erielack) New member.

Hello fellow rail fans,  My name is Tim Phalon and I reside in Waldwick,
NJ.  Some of you already know me and for those who don't, here is my
(short) story.  My dad got a job with the Erie in 1956.  Know you know
how I became interested in the hobby and why i'm on the list.  I enjoy
railfaning and I am currently building two model railroads which I will
describe in the following paragraphs,

    In my back yard exists the Erie Allageny Division in G scale and in
my basement exists the Erie NY Division in HO scale.  These two
railroads are the culmination of three years of effort put forth by
myself, Mat Klemchack, Dick Boyd, J.P. Mikesh, Paul T  and Rob S with
help from some other folks who are not on the list.  I am using
primarily Aristo equipment and track.  Most of the switches are hand
laid #8s.  We use Aristo x-wide radius turnouts on industrial  sidings.
The mainline is about 850 feet long from Hornell to Salamanca (double
track Olean to Salamanca).  Locomotives are battery powered and I use
Locolinc for train control.  Turnouts are air powered and are controlled
locally or from the dispatchers office (former bedroom) located inside
the house.  Track work is 75% compete and scenery 50% complete (mostly
by mother nature),  During the spring, summer and fall we operate once a
month.

    As mentioned earlier,  In my basement exist the Erie NY Division in
HO scale.  JC to PJ.  8 track JC term and yard, 4 track main JC to
Waldwick, Helix, two track main Harriman to PJ, PJ yard.  Norhtcoast
DCC.  150 turnouts 25%  air controled.  Track work 90% complete, scenery
1% complete.

    I would like to extend an invitaion to  all members of the EL list
to send me an email if you have any questions about these two model
raolroads or would like to come visit.