Re: (erielack) EL Trainnut page changes

Jay and all,

Regarding the Conrail Washington to Dover move you saw, the units are GP38's
usually. Recently one of the units I've seen has the new numbers applied in a
white rectangle under the cab windows but I don't recall the number offhand.
There also seems to be no set pattern as to whether the WPDJ-61 (morning job)
or WPDJ-62 (night job) goes to Washington to fetch the cars. Very often the
DJ-62 is right behind my train ,X212, as I come east from Hackettstown Monday
through Thursday but not consistently. I think it all depends on what is
going on in regard to tracks out of service on NJ Transit and customer needs
that dictate which job goes where any given day. If the 62 is behind my train
he has to wait west of CP Olive until train 813 makes his reverse move into
Port Morris before he can come east of there. I have also passed him at
Morris Junction waiting to go west ahead of train 1061. Some nights they have
so little work they are tied up back in Dover Yard before 11:00 p.m.

Al Holleuffer