RE: (erielack) EL Maroon for Railworks Caboose?

> I started painting my Railworks Caboose in the EL Maroon Gray
> and Yellow
> scheme, I choose Scalecoat EL Maroon. After applying the Maroon, it
> looked much too purple or violet in color. Does anyone have any paint
> recommendations for EL Maroon, or possibly another color I
> could add or
> mix with the Scalecoat EL Maroon in order to get it to look more like
> maroon instead of purple?

I've never really cared for the Scalecoat EL maroon. As you said, I feel it
has too much of a blue shift in the color. My personal color of choice is
Polly Scale Rock Island Maroon - it has the right "warmth" and enough of a
red shift to make it "just right" (the Polly Scale EL Maroon isn't bad, but
it tends to shift a little towards brown, kinda like AccuPaint EL Maroon)

My choices for the other colors are Polly Scale EL Yellow for the EL yellow
(it's a very good match), and the EL Gray mix is a fun one - I mix Polly
Scale Reefer White and EL Gray in a 5:4 or 3:2 ratio, and then put in a drop
or two of D&H Avon Blue. The Polly Scale EL gray, in my opinion, is just too
dark, and its color seems to shift towards a green/yellow tinge. If you look
at most EL caboose photos (reference Larry DeYoung's color guide), you'll
see there is a definite blue tinge to the EL gray.

> Paul, were you (aka "Prime Mover") going to do HO decals for this
> caboose? I thought I saw that mentioned on the list at one time.

Yeah, I just finished the artwork for the EL cabooses (red scheme and GMY
scheme) - just gotta get it out to the printers!