RE: (erielack) Passaic Valley Water works spur. For the record.

> This local operation to the Waterworks ended in 1997?
>
> I thought it was abandoned in the late 80's!

A friend of mine used to work in Totowa, and occasionally, he said he'd get
"stuck by a Conrail train at that crossing." This was in recent years
(mid-1990's). I will have to scan in some photos of this line - I've hiked
it a number of times. I got photos of one of the last chlorine cars (a gray
ACFX "skinny body" car) sitting just within the plant's gates, taken in
1997...

Speaking of this line, does anyone know when the other customers stopped
using rail? (Caravan, Huffman-Koos, et al.)