(erielack) Monthly calendar photo...

Like I said before, I stare at the calendar over my desk a bit too much...
:)

Flipped my EL calendar to May, and sat and stared at the Erie F-units for a
bit. Some observations:

* Note the white coupler! This, from what I've been told, is a powder that's
used for magnafluxing. This is a procedure used to detect stress cracks in
metal, and is how couplers are inspected. (If you look at many EL photos,
you invariably come up with a white coupler on a locomotive here and there)
* Freight cars! All boxcars, with the exception of a pig flat about 5 cars
back, and a "something" about 10 cars back - what *is* that thing, anyway?
(looks like an odd load on a flat car). Primary color? BOXCAR RED.

My thoughts for the day... ;)