Re: (erielack) The EL'ed GP-35

That would account for the variations in paint-outs.  One I never
understood was the RDG GP35's - they got the number painted out only to get
the same exact number painted on the cab.   But it's probably like the
other details I picked up - standardization, albeit in an ugly way.

I'm amazed the 35's are all gone, with the locomotive market the way it's
been if someone had 100 carcasses sitting around they could make some money
rebuilding them from the ground up as the equivalent of a GP38-2.

I wonder if that was some transferred EL shop guy's way of "revenge"? :o)
or it's also possible it was re-EL'd because it was not renumbered and
since CR 2571 would be a U25B and a conflict, they put the EL back on to ID
the engine as EL 2571.

Bill K.

Bill's Syracuse rail page

http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html