(erielack) "Discovery Day" this week?

I've heard rumors from a number of people that the end of the Totowa
Industrial Branch is slated to be torn up in the very near future. Since I
wanted to do a Discovery Day (i.e. hike) down this line, I was wondering if
anyone would be up for a "Discovery Day" on the Totowa Industrial (former
DL&W main) this coming Saturday, June 27 (weather permitting). We would
probably start at the Mountain View end, and hike the line to its current
end (the water treatment place in Little Falls), then hike back. There are a
lot of neat industries on this line, and the part from Route 46 to the water
treatment plant is supposedly going to be ripped up, after a long period of
dormancy. (I drove past the water treatment plant, and where there would
normally be tank cars parked for unloading were two truck-trailers, with
guardrails around them, so I don't think they'll be getting any more train
traffic!)

My thoughts: Starting off at Mountain View at 10:00 AM, and hike east. Spend
the next 2-3 hours photographing the industries and the remains of the DL&W
main.

Any ideas? E-mail me at my home account - "paultup_@_interactive.net"