(erielack) Fw: FM Lackawanna H-16-44 features

- ----------
To: "erielack_@_internexus.net"
Subject: Re: FM Lackawanna H-16-44 features
Date: Sunday, June 21, 1998 9:31 PM

Hello Group,
Matt Forsyth here. Thursday of this week past I attended the O-scale
National Convention in Marlboro, Mass. I picked up an old FM H-16-44 brass
kit in unbuilt condition. The kit is all etched sheet brass construction
with cast white metal ends. On the ends of an H-16-44 the headlight is
placed inside a raised oval shape near the top. In the kit, the headlight
opening is placed in the lower half of the oval on both the long and short
hood ends. In all the photos of the DL&W H-16-44's I've seen the headlight
is placed low in the oval on the long hood end and high in the oval on the
short hood end. Is this standard FM practice or is this something that the
Lackawanna did/ordered themselves? Of course I'm going to change the kit I
have to reflect the prototype, but does anyone know why the headlights are
arranged in this fashion on these FM units?
Thank you in advance for any info you might like to offer.
Matt