RE: (erielack) last EL units

>last EL E-UNIT of any kind.  as in E8?   sorry for the
>confusing choice of
>phrasing, there's TONS of EL road units left:
>SDP45  (12)
>SD45 (1?)
>SD45-2 (12)
>C424  (9)
>C425  (at least 5)
>GP35 (any hiding yet?)
>U34CH
>U36C (3 to Australia?)

There are LOTS of switchers still around (Alco S1, S2; EMD SW's of all
kinds).
There aren't any U36C's, but three of the U33C's (3309-3311, I think) were
rebuilt as CABLESS units for some mine in China (these are probably the ones
you are thinking about, not Australia).

I think a few EL GP35's were rebuilt by CR for others. Isn't at least one of
the Housatonic GP35's an EL unit? (could be wrong here).

Did any EL SD45's survive in lease fleets? How about the EL RS3 fleet (the
ones that survived were rebuilt as RS3m's by CR - I'm assuming that at least
a few of these are still around on shortlines?)

Time to start working on that disposition list... :)