Re: (erielack) FW: [NYSW] NYSW UTICA BUSINESS

let's see...   of course the branch is gone, torn up;

this end has been quiet of late on the scanner but Sangerfield still does
buisness; I believe it is Sherburne where rt 80 crosses rt 12B and there is
a place there which recieves covered hoppers.   As I recall in Norwich you
could not tell if there had ever been much of anything despite a couple of
large plants both in town and to the north.    I used to drive along this
part when I was at college and kind of seeing a girl to Norwich, but never
saw a train on it.   I've heard a lot of rumors to the effect of "if it
wasn't for Utica shop they'd abandon the line north of...."  but once in a
while I do hear a form D given to a UT-1 or to a BH-job going north.   If
no one can find out for sure I can try asking some people here, but I'd
probably have to go through the chapter pres and he is busier than a
one-legged guy in a you-know-where kicking contest  :-)

some talk of a possible Utica-Syracuse excursion with the 142 for October,
with a bus back to Utica -

Bill's Syracuse rail page

http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html