RE: (erielack) Early CR Logos on EL Units

  June 20,1977 was a day I remember well, Train NY74 eastbound at Great
Notch NJ around 11:00AM stalled just west of the station. Road power was
lead by former EL 7121in a "CR" transition paint out. The diamond was
painted white no CR. The side had a white "CR" where Erie Lackawanna
name was, And road number "1891" in white where 7121 used to be. Black
number boards (all CR units received them).
 It was a spectacular stall as the F7 1891 (EL)= F7 1863 PC= F7 1797 PC=
U30-B? in CR blue came to a grinding stop. Got lots of photos! The crew
blamed the stall on poor #@#%$!^&* sanders on the %$#@$%&*(*#$@#!!!
Units.
  The pushers came from train BH-4 with SD45 PC= U--B PC= SD45 6104 RDG
(7604) in Reading paint.

Todd (ELHS#1318)

 Oh, and 4 days later on June 24 at 12:20 pm OCS went east with CR 4022
(single unit + 4 cars) the ex-EL E-8 in Conrail blue!