Re: (erielack) Early CR Logos on EL Units

Some EL paint-outs had an odd squared/angled font to them, including the
4014 (Erie/EL 825) - I don't know if this one is available anywhere, but
perhaps if you ask Paul nicely enough....  :-)   then again for N-scale the
difference may not be worth the work involved.   the only way I can think
to describe it is like the PC font but with squared/angled corners, not
rounded -  but then it's hard to find two alike paint-outs, it depended on
who's shop and which shop did them.   One other thing I noticed, on a
Lehigh paint-out they also changed things to match CR units such as
painting the ends of the handrails (orange on LV) white.   Probably the
best way to do it is to work from photos of specific engines -

I do know that while Conrail ran EL F's for a while after the takeover,
according to Trains magazine's 2-part DL&W story from about 1985 no DL&W
unit ever ran with it's CR-assigned number.  I can't think of ever seeing a
picture of an EL F paint-out of any kind though.

side note - for anyone interested DL 4743 is making a run to Dewitt on
SY-1, just got a form D for the DCS section where the new CP is going in.
big thanks to NYS&W for getting some cool power in wierd places, if the
thing was blue or black it would be like a time warp to the early 80's!

Bill's Syracuse rail page

http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html