(erielack) Steam operation in NJ

Hello all

I am passing on this announcement for your information, I thought some of you
might be interested in attending.  It has a tenuous connection to the EL:
there is a former DL&W caboose at this museum, stuffed & mounted on a
foundation, and painted for the Raritan River RR, which had purchased it from
the DLW.  But if you have an interest in antique machinery, or want to see,
photograph or ride behind 3-foot gauge steam locomotives in New Jersey, this is
the place.

Rich Wisneski
Denville, NJ

Antique Vehicle and Machinery Day at the Pine Creek Railroad/New Jersey Museum
of Transportation, located in Allaire State Park in Monmouth County, New Jersey
on Sunday, June 14, 1998.

The New Jersey Museum of Transportation's Pine Creek Railroad will sponsor an
Antique Vehicle and Machinery exhibition featuring restored motor vehicles
of various types and restored engines and machinery.  Displays/Exhibits by the
Pinelands Antique Gas Engine Association, a local Antique Car Club, and the
Navy Lakehurst Historical Society are expected.  Museum grounds open 10 a.m. to
5 p.m. Pine Creek Railroad operation from Noon to 4:30 p.m, steam powered
narrow gauge passenger trains will be operated using either 2-6-2 #26 (Baldwin,
1920) and/or Shay #6 (Lima, 1927).

Allaire State Park entrance fee: $3.00 per car.
Museum grounds entry: Free
Pine Creek Railroad train ride tickets: $2.00 per person. (Age 2 and under -
free.)

The museum is located in Allaire State Park, Wall Township, New Jersey.
Directions: From the north or south: Garden State Parkway to Exit 98, follow
signs for Allaire State Park.  From the west: follow I-195 to exit 31B, follow
signs for Allaire State Park.

For more information, please call (732)938-5524