Re: (erielack) RDC power

I tried Bob Smith ACC and other types of adhesives. Must admit I didn't try
Loc-tite. The Out Shop Service units are very strong assemblies. The Ernst
are as flimsy as they appear. The layout these units perform on represent
West Virginia hill country with a 4+% grade and sharp curves. The prototype
Western Maryland actually clipped the steps on their GP9's in order to
clear the curves on some portions of the line (Laurel Bank to Durbin, WV.

- ----------
Jordans <"pamela_@_blast.net">; Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul) <paultup@lucent.com>
> Subject: Re: (erielack) RDC power
> Date: Monday, June 08, 1998 11:56 PM
>
> would something like "Loc-tite" stop that?
>
> Bill's Syracuse rail page
>
> http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html
>
> ----------
> : From: Harry Bonham <"hbonham_@_clipper.net">
> : To: "pontiac_@_dreamscape.com"; erielack@internexus.net; The Jordans
> <"pamela_@_blast.net">; Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul) <paultup@lucent.com>
> : Subject: Re: (erielack) RDC power
> : Date: Thursday, June 11, 1998 5:04 PM
> :
> : Actually, tried the Ernst drive for the RDC. The weak link with the
Ernst
> : was the Colette connecting the motor shaft to the drive shaft. It slips
> when
> : any strong amount of torque is applied such as going up a grade or
> pulling
> : several dummy cars, etc. ONLY was used in the sense that Out Shop
Service