Re: (erielack) Life-Like Erie PA's in black/yellow

Save yourself the trouble - RPP makes a frame for the SD45-2.   Also I
think the RDC would be helped a lot just by adding flywheels to it. Then
again a real one starts and stops a lot faster than a regular train, they
have a drive not unlike a truck does.  I started to do an M-7 and had the
paint I used eventually shrink and crack up on me -
	I didn't mean to be overly critical, but I've heard of people tossing
things for sillier reasons - I've just gotten 2 cars that "don't run" - one
was totally dry out of gas and the other needs battery cables, it's not
"set up" (also needs a coil)....  I'll empathise with losing patience
though.  try doing the yellow stripe on about 20-odd Lehigh Valley units!

	I've been told the metal RDC is too short too, but looks better and is
right for most the eastern ones.  the end windows are squared though..
fixable when you add in the see-thru sprung trucks, real stainless main
body, etc. it just looks better.

Bill's Syracuse rail page

http://www.dreamscape.com/pontiac/rail.html