RE: (erielack) Life-Like Erie PA's in black/yellow

> I seem to remember a picture of a black & yellow EL Traninmaster
> transition
> paint scheme.  I wish some manufacturer would paint that one.

Actually not a transition but a fullfledged EL scheme.  When the EL was
formed, the
original scheme was a modification of the ERIE black and yellow.  The
C424s came from
the factory in this scheme.  This scheme didn't last too long and the
DL&W version was
adopted and equipment repainted in the much more familiar EL maroon gray
yellow.

Anyone know how long the black and yellow lasted as the "official"
scheme?  What was the
reason for the change?